Analysis is how we interpret, understand and make sense of information, involving two “sets of complementary activities: understanding what the data says (analysis), and determining what the data means (interpretation)” (source: ACAPS). This section of the website is devoted to improving the understanding of and skills in analysis and interpretation of GBV data.
- Data Analysis E-Learning Tool
- Compared to What: Analytical Thinking (ACAPS): this is a great primer on analysis
- What is Data Analysis? (podcast episode)
- What data sources should I analyze in the GBVIMS? (podcast episode)
- How to Analyze GBVIMS Data (1-pager)
- Using GBVIMS Data to Inform your Programming (3-pager)
- Linking Data Analysis to Programming Series
- Sources of GBV Data
- How Sure are You? Judging the quality and usability of data collected during rapid needs assessments (ACAPS)
- How to make the most of information management in coordination (ALNAP)
- How to conduct data quality checks
- How to analyze GBVIMS data
Check back often for updates!